Since December 1947, God has been working powerfully through Old Oak Ranch. It has been on this property that the lives of individuals, families and communities have been eternally impacted by fun, fellowship and most significantly, transformational encounters with God. Thousands of people have heard His Call to serve in local churches, national ministries and international missions while at Old Oak Ranch. Couples have met through our Youth/Young Adult Camps, fell in love and later married. Many among us have journeyed to Old Oak since infancy. Now our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren gather to meet Jesus on this precious property. It didn’t just happen; it came with vision, calling and intentional giving.
A Brief History
District Supervisor, Dr. Frank Cummings, purchased Old Oak Ranch for $40,000.00. Members of the 24 churches that made up the Western District raised money by going door-to-door selling macaroons and pencils. These individuals and Churches gave sacrificially to fulfill a Christ-filled vision that we now are the beneficiaries. It didn’t just happen. Vision, stewardship and commitment are in our heritage!
Now, over 60 years later, we as the Central Pacific District (currently at about 200 churches) are the beneficiaries of those who came before us. It is our turn to continue to care for our conference ground. We are the stewards for its maintenance and its future, until we hand it off to the next generations of stewards and beneficiaries. We can’t take OOR for granted because it doesn’t just happen.
In the past year, just some of the updates and upgrades at Old Oak Ranch include:
- Repairing and cementing the Prospector Point staircase to make them safer for camper use
- Creating a wheelchair ramp to the office
- Replacing the wooden stairs on Duncan Lodge
- Installing a deck extension onto the Dining Hall for outside dining
- Installing cement steps to Oak
Below is a list of our current donation requests:
- New Roof for Duncan Lodge. Estimated Price $ 30,000.00
- New Roof for the Casey family housing. Estimated Price $ 7,000.00
- New Landing Platform for Ropes Course. Estimated Price $ 4,000.00
- Sanctuary Carpeting.
- 10’ x 20’ Concrete Slab for Diesel Tank – Filling Area. Estimated Price $ 600.00
- 40’ x 60’ Concrete Slab for Hilltop Tent Area. Estimated Price $ 6,000.00
- 4-Wheel Drive Suburban 1999 or newer model. Purchased – Praise God
- Golf Carts. – Purchased – Praise God
Heavy Equipment Needs:
- Bulldozer Tractor. Estimated Price $ 20,000.00
- Man-Lift (scissor lift) for Interior. Estimated Price $ 8,000.00
- Man-Lift (scissor lift) for Exterior with Vertical Height of 30’. Purchased – Praise God
- Lighting Trusses. Estimated Price $ 2,500.00
- Portable Bleachers. Estimated Price $ 10,000.00
- Industrial Generators for Back-up Power. Estimated Price $ 8,000.00
- Trenching Machine. Estimated Price $ 6,000.00
- Stump Grinder. Estimated Price $ 4,000.00
- Parking Lot Vacuum Sweeper. Estimated Price $ 6,000.00
- Rotary Snow Blower. Estimated Price $ 12,000.00
Printing & Live Event Needs:
- Digital Sound Board.
- Studio-Quality Microphones.
- Flat Screen TV: Indoor/Outdoor Versions.
- 6,000+ Lumen Projector.
- Production Lighting Fixtures.
- New Microphones for Booth Worship Center.
- New Speakers & Stands for Booth Worship Center.
- Commercial Washing Machines. Estimated Price $ 1,000.00
- Commercial Dryers. Estimated Price $ 1,000.00
- Vacuum Cleaners. Purchased – Praise God
- Linens: Queen size sheet sets/white towels. Estimated Price $ 2,000.00
All donations are greatly appreciated! If you feel called to give a monetary donation to Old Oak Ranch, please click the “Support Old Oak Ranch” image at the top of this page to donate through PayPal with your PayPal account or Credit/Debit Card. If you feel called to donate a gift in kind, please call us at (209) 532-4295 to discuss the details. Old Oak Ranch is a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status and all donations tax-deductible.